At the Kent County Public Library Transforms meeting August 17th, Barbara MacBeth shared some impressive statistics about the library.
- 66% of the Kent County Population has library cards
- There was a 14% increase in the number of people visiting the library in the last three years (100,275!)
- There was a 26% increase in the number of programs offered by the library in the same time (282 Adult, 232 Children’s)
- Over 3, 269 adults adults attended programs and over 5,000 attended meetings in the meeting room
- There has been a 32% increase in the number of children using the library in this period
This summer 392 children registered for the Summer reading program. 1671 attended the programs.
Yeah for the increasing use of our library!