The Fall Book Sale is set for November 17-20th. Start saving up your pennies! The KCPL is accepting donations, but remember to bring in only books that can be sold. Nothing too musty or smelly. Last day for donations October 15th.
We love having a community where people take the time to donate books and volunteer to help sell them. That way we can help our library keep up to date with materials and programs. But. Please remember that the books you donate to us must be sellable. As you cull your personal library, please consider the following FOL guidelines:
||No Thank You
- Fiction in good condition
- Non-fiction in good condition
- History, biography in good condition
- Cook books in good condition
- Gardening books in good condition
- Potentially rare and valuable books
- Children’s books in good condition
- Complete puzzles in good condition
- Audio books, CD’s, DVD’s
- Textbooks and encyclopedias
- Books smelling of smoke, mildew, etc.
- Books showing silverfish or similar damage
- Books showing rodent or pet damage
- Books defaced, heavily marked
- Books showing water damage
- Books with foxed and crumbling pages
- VHS tapes
Please make your donations at least two weeks before the next Book Sale. For the May Book Sale that means that all donations need to be received by April 15th.